Comparison of RSA vs elliptical keys

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri May 15 15:21:47 CEST 2020

> Certainly there are many reasons to extend the standard, which is not
> set in stone and which is not a politically adopted law, for meaningful
> things.

Yes.  If you want to talk about changing the standard please bring it up
to the proper mailing list.  Here is not the place for it.  If you can
persuade people to change the standard I'll be wildly in favor of GnuPG
implementing the standard.

> Of course, a program author has the right to design his program as he
> sees fit, but please don't be surprised if far-sighted pioneers expand
> this standard to meet the needs of a user base who would also like to
> use this standard.

This is irrelevant.

We're talking about what GnuPG should do if someone specifies strict RFC
conformance.  The answer to that question is simple: it should strictly
conform to the RFC and treat UID-free certificates as the malformed
entities they are.