keys require a user-id

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri May 15 18:30:57 CEST 2020

> We now have the situation that either parents or teachers, etc. can
> choose between a software which allows UID-less public key
> generation, for their minors / students, themselves...

They are free to use whatever identifier they like for a UID, even just
the key ID.  A UID-free certificate is in no way required for user privacy.

You're being dishonest.  I hate to say that, but I believe it's true.
You insist on pretending that you're the only one concerned about
privacy and that UID-free certificates are necessary for privacy of
personally identifying information.  The reality is the UID system in no
way requires personally identifying information and everyone you're
accusing of not caring about privacy cares a great deal about it.

You're being dishonest.  Please stop.

> or a software which does not accept this and has no guidelines for
> free-form UIDs in their FAQ / man page, nor an equal treatment in the
> standard key generation process.

If you want the documentation to reflect PII-free UIDs, please say that.
This could be a useful discussion.  If the community believes PII-free
UIDs should be in the FAQ I will happily write up an entry for it.