"just invent something..."

LisToFacTor listofactor at mail.ru
Wed May 20 18:03:53 CEST 2020

On 5/20/20 7:27 AM, Andrew Gallagher wrote:

> Such a limitation would be user-hostile, as there are people in some cultures who have only one name, the Indonesian dictator Suharto being one famous example.

Demanding a piece of information from someone who would prefer not
to give it is equally user-hostile, especially so if he who demands
it does so only because it is required by some internal mechanics
of the system he constructed. Answering user's objection to such
request by telling him: "well, if you don't want to give me this
information, just invent something..." is wrong on so many levels
that I feel no need to get into.