Certified OpenPGP-encryption after release of Thunderbird 78

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Tue May 26 23:34:28 CEST 2020

karel-v_g--- via Gnupg-users wrote:

> Hello!
> I am required to use certified encryption for mails by my supervising
> authorities and good practise. Because of this I have been using a
> combination of Thunderbird, Enigmail and Gpg4Win, as the latter one
> is certified by German BSI. With the approaching release of
> Thunderbird 78 Gpg4Win and Enigmail won't be available any longer and
> the new OpenPGP-implementation of Thunderbird won't be certified to
> the best of my knowledge.

Hi,

I would ask my supervising authorities if they can contact gnupg.com
and see if GnuPG Desktop fits for your companies purposes. At least
I strongly assume that they are aware of the Thunderbird situation
and are able to offer custom solutions or proper advise.

https://gnupg.com/gnupg-desktop.de.html

Regards
Stefan