ping - Governikus

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Mon Nov 2 13:06:15 CET 2020

On 31/10/2020 23:45, Stefan Claas wrote:
> I am aware that there is a second 'Stefan Claas' living in Germany
> but he would not have the same fingerprint as I would have. In case
> of doubt people could always prove to third parties, if requested,
> that one is the actual key holder, with a simple challenge/response.

This may be an acceptable edge case for one Stefan Claas, but maybe not
for Stefan Müller or Stefan Schmidt. Or even the other Stefan Claas, who
may not appreciate you being able to more easily impersonate him. :-)

If Governikus (or anyone else for that matter) were to start certifying
ambiguous identities, it would devalue their name across the board. Why
would they do that?

--
Andrew Gallagher