Thunderbird / Enigmail / Autocrypt

cqcallaw cqcallaw at brainvitamins.net
Mon Nov 23 08:22:19 CET 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Sunday, November 22, 2020 10:08 PM, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:

> El día lunes, noviembre 23, 2020 a las 03:03:54a. m. +0100, Johan Wevers escribió:
>
> > On 22-11-2020 12:38, Juergen Bruckner via Gnupg-users wrote:
> >
> > > I don't understand why HTML in e-Mails is so important for some people.
> >
> > I agree on a personal level, but if you use your email also to
> > communicate with business users (usually using Outlook) it would be nice
> > to get their mails in a human readable format. Which requires,
> > unfortunately, usually html.
>
> Since ages human read mails in ASCII or UTF-8 text. Why you think this
> is not a "human readable format"?
>
> HTML as e-mail (read carefully: as email, not as attachment) should be
> forbidden because most MUA automatically fetch additional remote content
> which violates privacy and can fetch bad content into your system.
> You're warned.
>
> matthias

At my job, I frequently send out summary charts and graphs surrounded by text.
Attachments simply do not work; my audience cannot spend the mental energy to
context-switch between text and attachments, and my reports become unusable.

I also provide hyperlinks in my reports. Sharing hyperlinks in plaintext emails
is possible, but verbose and unfriendly to the viewer.

In such circumstances, plaintext email is not human readable; I must use HTML.

Thanks,
-Caleb