Thunderbird / Enigmail / Autocrypt

raf gnupg at raf.org
Tue Nov 24 00:01:47 CET 2020

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 01:23:39PM +0100, Werner Koch via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 07:22, cqcallaw said:
>
> > At my job, I frequently send out summary charts and graphs surrounded by text.
> > Attachments simply do not work; my audience cannot spend the mental energy to
>
> Proper MUAs display inline images without problems.  I recall that even
> exmh did this ~25 years ago.  It is just that the marketing department
> can't enforce the corporate identity on text mails - or are too lazy to
> create rules which work with plain text (and maybe inline images).
>
> And well, I like HTML mails: my main address is free of spam thanks to a
> simple procmail rule ;-)
>
> Shalom-Salam,
>
>    Werner

Apologies in advance. I know this is all off-topic for
a gnupg mailing list, but for those who really hate
html email, and are able to function without it,
there's a potentially useful mail filter I wrote that
converts everything to text that can be converted, and
deletes everything else.

  http://raf.org/textmail
  https://github.com/raforg/textmail

It makes it look like everyone is sending you plain text. :-)

For everyone else, I recommend lots of phishing training
to mitigate the biggest risks of html email.

At least until gmail/outlook/etc. implement, by default,
the equivalent of Thunderbird's brilliant Torpedo
anti-phishing addon.

cheers,
raf