Ban HTML mails? Really?(was: Re: Thunderbird / Enigmail / Autocrypt)

Mansfeld Elektronik m.mansfeld at mansfeld-elektronik.de
Mon Nov 23 11:39:39 CET 2020

I'm sorry, but all this stuff becomes slightly off-topic....

Am 23.11.2020 07:08, schrieb Matthias Apitz:
> El día lunes, noviembre 23, 2020 a las 03:03:54a. m. +0100, Johan
> Wevers escribió:
>
>> On 22-11-2020 12:38, Juergen Bruckner via Gnupg-users wrote:
>>
>> > I don't understand why HTML in e-Mails is so important for some people.
>>
>> I agree on a personal level, but if you use your email also to
>> communicate with business users (usually using Outlook) it would be
>> nice
>> to get their mails in a human readable format. Which requires,
>> unfortunately, usually html.
>
> Since ages human read mails in ASCII or UTF-8 text. Why you think this
> is not a "human readable format"?
>
> HTML as e-mail (read carefully: as email, not as attachment) should be
> forbidden because most MUA automatically fetch additional remote
> content
> which violates privacy and can fetch bad content into your system.
> You're warned.
>
> 	matthias

should.... should... Sorry?
In a perfect world we can choose our communication partners. In a
semi-perfect world we can at least try to missionate against HTML mails,
but maybe with not much success. In the real world we have very often no
choice.
This battle is lost. The only choice is to harden the MUAs. Everything
else is IMHO a quite academic disussion.

Regards
another Matthias