Ban HTML mails? Really?(was: Re: Thunderbird / Enigmail / Autocrypt)

Philihp Busby philihp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 01:16:12 CET 2020

As a personal policy, I do not respond to emails if they are only in HTML. It provides an excellent signal on when an email is actually worth the distraction. Even password-reset/verify-your-email emails will have text-only components. Mailchimp marketing emails, on the other hand, often skip over the plaintext version (text-only emails don't convert in their metrics, i imagine the images don't load and they don't know you read it).

This battle has only been lost when you give up.