Five volunteers needed (EU only please)

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Mon Oct 5 17:37:57 CEST 2020

Hi all,

while I did some JAB-Code experiments with MMS, to send GnuPG messages with a dumb
phone, I came up now with a new idea. :-)

For that I need five people who are willing to share with me their postal address.
You can send me your address GnuPG encrypted. I will not store your address on my
computer and will delete your email, once I received it.

My new idea is to send encrypted postcards or letters, with an NFC tag attached,
containing a GnuPG clearsigned test message. I like to see if the postcards will
arrive in proper condition, so that the NFC tags are still readable.

What you will get from me:

A postcard with Berlin photos on, an address sticker from me, containing the MacPGP
2.6.2 icon with the little secret agent and a valid international postal stamp with
a photo from me on. If you are a stamp/postcard collector, you will agree that this
is IMHO a collectors item. :-)

Why I came up with this idea? Well I thought of a way to send private content digitally,
without Internet usage, so that 3rd parties outside the EU have it difficult to intercept
such messages, in order to protect EU businesses and to show the young generation that
local postal services should be supported, in favor of a globally surveilled Internet.

A standard NFC tag can't store that much data, but there are different types available
and one can use also modern encryption software which gives you more encrypted payload.

Once I received your address (first come first serve) I will prepare the postcards
(hopefully tomorrow) and send them to you. It would be nice if participants would share
their experience, so that other GnuPG users could learn from it.

Please note, NFC tags can be used multiple times, so that for example Alice and Bob use
only on NFC tag with their letters, they exchange and those NFC tags can also be destroyed
with special* hardware devices or bought in a form that they get destroyed if someone tries
to take them off, from the carrier medium.

*https://nfckill.com/

The consumer hardware device I purchased:

https://www.nfc-tag-shop.de/en/nfc-hardware/147/acr1252u-nfc-forum-certified-reader/writer

Software one can use on their Desktop:

https://www.wakdev.com/en/apps/nfc-tools-pc-mac.html

and for people, living in Germany, regarding postal stamps with photos:

<https://shop.deutschepost.de/individuell?s_kwcid=AL!11701!3!434303734945!b!!g!!www%20deutsche%20post%20de%20individuell>

Regards
Stefan

NaClbox: cc5c5f846c661343745772156a7751a5eb34d3e83d84b7d6884e507e105fd675
  The computer helps us to solve problems, we did not have without him.