Five volunteers needed (EU only please)

Konstantin Ryabitsev konstantin at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Oct 5 18:01:48 CEST 2020

On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 05:37:57PM +0200, Stefan Claas wrote:

> Why I came up with this idea? Well I thought of a way to send private content digitally,
> without Internet usage, so that 3rd parties outside the EU have it difficult to intercept
> such messages, in order to protect EU businesses and to show the young generation that
> local postal services should be supported, in favor of a globally surveilled Internet.

Wouldn't using NFC chips be counter to this goal? It's extremely easy to
identify the presence of NFC chips, such that an agency could easily
scan entire bags of mail to identify if there are any present.

As an aside, this reminded me of the "nonce encryption using two HOTP"
devices scheme that I thought up a while back:
https://paranoidbeavers.ca/spy-stuff.html

(the title wrongly calls it "forward secrecy," so just ignore that bit)

-K