Five volunteers needed (EU .... Are you sure that this is really advantageous?

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sat Oct 10 19:40:57 CEST 2020

El día sábado, octubre 10, 2020 a las 03:57:39p. m. +0200, Stefan Claas escribió:

> Stefan Claas wrote:
>
> > Since I have started the thread publicity to let GnuPG users know
> > other communication forms and which can be be read everywhere,
> > without access restrictions, it will be interesting to see if all
> > postcards will arrive ... ;-)
>
> Update.
>
> I received feedback from (not all*) participants and they had no
> problems to read the NFC tags, with smart phones or an external
> reader, so they were in proper condition, as expected. As of my
> understanding, iOS users will probably need iOS 14 in order to
> read NFC tags natively, while iOS 13 users and below most likely
> need and NFC app from the AppStore. Regarding Android, reports
> were also good and people used apps from their store(s).

As one of the testers: Using an iOS system is not a real world option for me
because the iOS can execute commands stored on the NFC tag and getting a
plain file out of the tag over to some UNIX laptop is tricky. A real
world option for me would only be a Linux based mobile, like the UBports.com
ones or a Purism L5, both have no NFC hardware at the moment and would
need an additional reader gadget.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
Без книги нет знания, без знания нет коммунизма (Влaдимир Ильич Ленин)