In case you use OpenPGP on a smartphone ...

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Sun Sep 6 11:16:48 CEST 2020

Stefan Claas wrote:

> vedaal at nym.hush.com wrote:
>

> > On 8/11/2020 at 3:00 PM, "Stefan Claas" <sac at 300baud.de> wrote:

> > >As understood a Pegasus operator can do what ever
> > >he likes to do remotely, anonymously with our (Android/iOS)
> > >smartphone, without that we know that this happens.

> > >in form of a best practice FAQ (cross-platform), to no longer use
> > >encryption software on online devices and work out
> > >strategies to use offline devices and how to handle this data
> > >securely over to an online device, until proper and affordable
> > >hardware encryption devices for online usage are available?
> >
> > =====
> >
> > There is already a simple existing solution.
> >
> > [1]  Encrypt and decrypt on a computer that has internet hardware disabled.
>
> I am thinking about this mobile one, once it hits the market.
>
> https://pocket.popcorncomputer.com/#products
>
> > [2] Use an Orbic Journey V  phone that gets and sends *only text*
>
> Seems not to be available in Germany, so I must look for a similar one.

Thinking about another option smart phone users can try (I currently
have no second smart phone).

Since I am new to smart phone usage, I figured out that one can use
a second smart phone without a SIM-Card and with WiFi disabled. :-)

This means to me, regardless if people would use Android with Termux
and GnuPG or a Linux smart phone that they simply create the messages
on the IMHO not (so easy?!) compromisable second offline smart phone and
then transfer securely the encrypted messages to the compromised online
usage smart phone.

Regards
Stefan