Announcing paperbackup.py to backup keys as QR codes on paper

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Mon Sep 14 16:20:11 CEST 2020

bexnews--- via Gnupg-users wrote:

Hi,

while I can't help you with your issue, I like to suggest to take a look
at Fraunhofer SIT's modern JAB-Code, which compiles nicely under Linux,
Windows and macOS. It has also the advantage that it can carry much more
data than QR code. The color barcode withstands also ugly Facebook .jpeg
compression, in case one needs to sign large messages, with GnuPG, on
'social' media sites.

https://github.com/jabcode/jabcode

Regards
Stefan