how to suppress new "insecure passphrase" warning

Alan Bram alan.bram at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 17 19:52:19 CEST 2020

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 8:56 AM Phil Pennock <gnupg-users at spodhuis.org>
wrote:

> Set min-passphrase-nonalpha in ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf -- the default is
> 1, but I think that you can set it to 0.

I tried that, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Then, as an
experiment, I tried setting it to 2, and observed that including just 1
digit in the passphrase resulted in no warning (again suggesting that the
setting was not having any effect).

But I don't even think I'm using the agent (unless I misunderstand): I'm
simply running a command like the following:

gpg2 --output *outputfilename* --symmetric *inputfilename*

and waiting for the program to prompt me to enter the passphrase each time.
Sorry, I should have made that clear.

(Thank you for your quick responses.)