how to suppress new "insecure passphrase" warning

Alan Bram alan.bram at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 17 20:27:28 CEST 2020

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 10:52 AM Alan Bram <alan.bram at cornell.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 8:56 AM Phil Pennock <gnupg-users at spodhuis.org>
> wrote:
>

>> Set min-passphrase-nonalpha in ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf -- the default is
>> 1, but I think that you can set it to 0.
>>

> I tried that, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

D'oh! Sorry! It is working after all.

I didn't realize that the `gpg2` command was starting the agent
automatically. And I didn't realize that when I first tried changing the
configuration, there was an already-running agent that I had to kill first
in order to get it to reread the config.

It's all working great now. Thank you so much! And sorry for the bad info
previously.