Which keyserver

MFPA 2017-r3sgs86x8e-lists-groups at riseup.net
Sun Sep 20 13:58:56 CEST 2020

Hi

On Saturday 19 September 2020 at 7:34:13 PM, in
<mid:20200919183413.GA607461 at fullerene.field.pennock-tech.net>, Phil
Pennock via Gnupg-users wrote:-

> The original question was:
> } I use GPG4Win and I've noticed that
> "hkp://keys.gnupg.net" is not

> so that's what I answered.

I asked a different but related question that occurred to me when I read in your post that hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net "is now returning zero results". I had noticed the GnuPG manual says the default keyserver is hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net. I was under the impression the default had been changed to the Hagrid keyserver at keys.openpgp.org after the SKS attacks, so I asked the question to this list.

> The mapping is in
> dirmngr/server.c:make_keyserver_item() and the default
> is found via compile-time configure, which defaults to
> hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net (see configure.ac
> DIRMNGR_DEFAULT_KEYSERVER).

So we have a default keyserver that is returning zero results?

--
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2017-r3sgs86x8e-lists-groups at riseup.net>

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws. (Tacitus)