Follow-up on L'Affaire Stallman

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Apr 8 17:19:27 CEST 2021

A few weeks have passed, and I figured a recap might be appropriate:

     * FSF continues to support RMS

     * FSFE has ended collaboration with FSF and GNU ("we see
       ourselves unable to collaborate both with the FSF and any
       other organisation in which Richard Stallman has a
       leading position")

     * GnuPG has clarified it's not part of GNU

     * RMS is still welcome to contribute, as is anyone else,
       but has no authority in either FSFE or GnuPG

Thank you, Bernhard and Werner: I really appreciate your quick
statements on this.

Given this is the current position, I'm starting a complete rewrite of
the FAQ for the 2.3 release.  I don't know when I'll be finished: not
only is it a lot of writing and reviewing, but I have some personal
matters that are demanding a lot of my attention.

If anyone in the community has strong feelings about the FAQ -- what
should go in, what should be left out, etc. -- now's the time.

Werner, are you still set on org-mode as the native format, or has
Markdown+Pandoc matured enough to also be acceptable?