Follow-up on L'Affaire Stallman

Vladimir Nikishkin lockywolf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 04:59:43 CEST 2021

I'm just a user, but since this mailing list is called "users", and
for clairity:

>>Always has, hasn't it.  I look at that for hm a long time, and it
always was like that.

The FAQ (https://www.gnupg.org/faq/gnupg-faq.html) claims the other
way round, namely:

>GnuPG is free cryptographic software from the GNU Project which helps people ensure the confidentiality, integrity and assurance of their data. Let’s try that again: GnuPG is…
<snip>
>GNU Project. The GNU Project is a group that aims to give people the ability to do all their computing with free software.

So I, as a user, was completely sure that GnuPG _is_ (or, at least,
was) an official GNU Project.

Regarding the Stallman story, the community seems to be split roughly
by a third, with one third of activists having signed an open letter
with criticism, and two thirds considering the criticism unjustified
(and having signed the support letter).

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 01:59, Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen at sdaoden.eu> wrote:

> This is solely my opinion.  But i have to say it now.
>
> Robert J. Hansen wrote in
>  <3e47e65a-790f-e323-7a0c-c14660cd27f2 at sixdemonbag.org>:
>  |A few weeks have passed, and I figured a recap might be appropriate:
>  |     * FSF continues to support RMS
>
> I have no opinion on that.  I do not know him, nor whatever.
> I saw some code from him twenty years ago and did not like it :)
> However, i did say in the past that i would allow him to travel by
> airplane, if it would be me, which is much more than i allow
> myself.  And i stand to this opinion.
>
>  |     * FSFE has ended collaboration with FSF and GNU ("we see
>  |       ourselves unable to collaborate both with the FSF and any
>  |       other organisation in which Richard Stallman has a
>  |       leading position")
>
> The thing is that we live in a bigot world as gods and destroy
> live without just any respect.  Most humans are very small minded
> and go for "each cheap piece of meat" just "to sneak away with
> it".  Really, i am bored, thus.  Sigh.  Anyhow.  In the western
> world cruelty and abuse and anti-social behaviour rather has
> become the norm, but everywhere you find that elder suppress the
> younger.  Even more so if you _see_.
>
> So to tear open the indolence and coldness with which especially
> solvent white (but not only white) people perch upon exploitation
> of all possible kinds, environment, finite resources, literally
> billions of livestock, child and other sexual abuse can only be
> a good thing.  The living conditions that our/the tremendous
> military and economic terror generates.  All this nothing but
> a shame, that hole is too dark and deep, yet it exists.
>
> Quite the opposite, who does risk a saturated and comfortable life
> in order to aid for something better, at times is called a hero.
> Well i would not go that far here, Mr. Stallman is from or
> directly descends from a generation which actually had a quite
> good outcome of people who tried to make the white race better.
> Unfortunately, without success. :(
>
> Anyhow.  There are too many narrow-minded individuals who (due to
> whatever shortcoming) are not capable to put things in the actual
> context of actual life as it really is (imho).
>
>  |     * GnuPG has clarified it's not part of GNU
>
> Always has, hasn't it.  I look at that for hm a long time, and it
> always was like that.
>
> Thank you.  And have a nice day.
>
> --steffen
> |
> |Der Kragenbaer,                The moon bear,
> |der holt sich munter           he cheerfully and one by one
> |einen nach dem anderen runter  wa.ks himself off
> |(By Robert Gernhardt)

Yours sincerely, Vladimir Nikishkin
(Sent from GMail web interface.)