Follow-up on L'Affaire Stallman

john doe johndoe65534 at mail.com
Fri Apr 9 08:52:43 CEST 2021

On 4/8/2021 5:19 PM, Robert J. Hansen via Gnupg-users wrote:
> If anyone in the community has strong feelings about the FAQ -- what
> should go in, what should be left out, etc. -- now's the time.

The only thing that I can say is that I would rather see a FAQ that
reflect the current inplementation of GPG than a non-up to date FAQ per
lack of user consensus (1).

EG:

Due to a lack of consensus, the FAQ was never updated to reflect that
'3072' is now the default in GPG.

That is to say, that in my view a FAQ that explains clearly how to use
GPG is somewhat more importent than comunity feedback.
A statement to that effect at the top of the page could be added
describing why this way was chosen.

1)  https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2021-March/064974.html

--
John Doe