All my Passwords are lost

Marek Stepanek mstep at podiuminternational.org
Tue Apr 27 20:32:04 CEST 2021

Thank you Vincent,

I am really ashamed! Yes you are right: encryption is normally done with a public key. (I am blushing). I forgot, because nobody has a PGP-Key to correspond with. The only use for my own PGP-key was to encrypt my own Password-file, AND this with my private key, of course! Only for decrypting I need my (own) private key. Sorry to this mailing group, for this simplicity. But how did it happen? I encrypt always the same way: gpg -e pw.txt filling in my first name and hit <enter> twice.

That means, no way to fiddle around with the headers (I called them like that) of the pw.gpg-file. It is really encrypted with the PUBLIC key of pause at pause.perl.org <mailto:pause at pause.perl.org> - probably a dead email address - nobody is reading.

Don’t know what to do. The last month I started to invest into crypto-currency and some information are buried for ever in this gpg.file

Suppose Vincent you are French. Donc merci infiniment pour votre aide!

marek