[OT] Tutanota security/privacy concerns (was: Re: How would you do that ...)

l0f4r0 at tuta.io l0f4r0 at tuta.io
Fri Aug 27 13:07:22 CEST 2021

Hi Stefan, all,

Oops, I think I wanted to react sooner but didn't visibly...

8 mai 2021, 15:12 de stefan.vasilev at posteo.ru:

>> l0f4r0 wrote:
>>
>>> I don't use ProtonMail so I can't say.
>>>
>>> But otherwise you have Tutanota (no phone number required):
>>> https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/anonymous-email/
>>>
> BTW. Tutanota does (full???) Browser fingerprinting and they where required
>
> to 'upgrade' their email service.

Thanks for the notice.

So are you implying Tutanota does not do browser fingerprinting anymore?
Actually, I cannot find any public source about this. Would you have some pointers to share please?

While we are at it, by any chance, do you/people have (other) complaints/concerns about Tutanota from a security or privacy points of view?

Thanks in advance :)

Best regards,
l0f4r0