fingerprint associated public key does not match displayed public key

S.B. sami.badri at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 16:37:30 CET 2021

maybe I'm not explaining it well.  I was able to import a public key using:

gpg --keyserver hkps://keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys fingerprint*

the fingerprint was provided to me by the intended recipient via their
profile page.

the profile page also displayed the pgp public key block

when i compared the imported pgp public key block (which I obtained
using the import command and the provided fingerprint) to the
displated pgp public key block, they didn't match

shouldn't they match?

thank you