pinetry and emacs

Pankaj Jangid pankaj at codeisgreat.org
Sun Feb 14 05:39:37 CET 2021

Phillip Susi <phill at thesusis.net> writes:

> Even if you run emacs from a terminal emulator, as long as you are in a
> GUI environment, then the gui pinentry should be used afaik.

I also think so. But I could not manage to configure it even after few
attempts.

I use Homebrew packages on this mac. On one older macbook I have
recently installed packages using Ports system. And after installing
GnuPG on that, I have noticed a GUI app pinentry-mac. Probably that will
pop-up some kind of GUI for asking passphrase. I’ll update in this
thread after trying that out.