pinentry will not ask me for passphrase

Ondřej Synáček ondrejsynacek at fastmail.com
Sun Feb 14 21:33:33 CET 2021

Hello. I’m a mac user and I am using `pinentry-mac` via homebrew. The
homebrew package
links to repository for `pinentry` so that is why I am asking here (not
sure if that
specific port is maintained by somebody).

I’m not sure what happened in past day or so but when I set
`pinentry-program` in my
`gpg-agent.conf` to value `pinentry-mac`, I’m never asked for
passphrase anymore.
It definitely used to work. I have tried restarting `gpg-agent` but I
had not luck.

If I delete `pinentry-program` from the config, I’m asked for
passphrase. I believe
if no `pinentry-program` is provided, `pinentry-tty` is the default (?).

Can this be caused by some other settings on my system. Currently
running macOS
Catalina v10.15.7

Thank you.