gpg: error retrieving 'erich at eckner.net' via WKD: Connection closed in DNS

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 24 11:07:54 CET 2021

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 20:59, Erich Eckner said:

> Thank you for your time! For everyone to benefit from my problem, I'd like
> to suggest to clarify in the documentation, that and how tor will be

I'll change the option description to:

  --use-tor
  --no-use-tor

    The option --use-tor switches Dirmngr and thus GnuPG into ``Tor
    mode'' to route all net‐ work access via Tor (an anonymity network).
    Certain other features are disabled in this mode.  The effect of
    --use-tor cannot be overridden by any other command or even by
    reloading dirmngr.  The use of --no-use-tor disables the use of Tor.
    The default is to use Tor if it is available on startup or after
    reloading dirmngr.  The test on the avail‐ able of Tor is done by
    trying to connects to a SOCKS proxy at either port 9050 or 9150); if
    another type of proxy is listening on one of these ports, you should
    use --no-use-tor.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner