Plan B - Who carries the torch?

karel-v_g at tutanota.com karel-v_g at tutanota.com
Sun Jan 3 15:35:46 CET 2021

>Yeah.  Less time worrying about how to make OpenPGP continue for>another twenty years, more time spent about how to make a next->generation cryptographic tool that will occupy the same space OpenPGP>did but will do it better and with more modern techniques.
I totally agree with you on that. Though I have no idea how to do it, I think in the midterm we need something totally new with modern crypto-technology, easy to use and lean. Like WireGuard for VPN or the modern messengers.
Unfortunately OpenPGP and S/MIME have not managed to conquer a broad public and sometimes even not to keep up with modern standards in the last twenty years.
Sorry for criticising without suggesting a solution.Karel