WKD for GitHub pages

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:42:06 CET 2021

Hi all,

I just started to set-up a github-page and have also verified
the page via Brave. I tried to set-up WKD for the page, like
I did in the past for my 300baud.de Domain, but fetching
the key with GnuPG does not work for me. :-(

My key UID there is 'stefan at sac001.github.io'

It would be really nice if a kind soul can help me to fix
the issue.

The idea here is the following:

1. A github.io pub key can IHMO serve as a multi-purpose usage
key, thus not revealing the email address.

2. GitHub should be more protected against DDOS, compared
to a website, hosted on an own VPS server, IMHO.

3. One already has an SSL cert.

4. GitHub allows creating rich-content static web pages.

5. Brave verification, so that in case one Brave user like
to give a tip, it is possible too.

6. If this would work properly, Windows users, for example,
would have an easy way to use WKD as well, without having
an own server, Domain, etc.

Hope you like the idea!

Here's is my URL, which leads to the GitHub project,
containing the .well-known folder.

https://sac001.github.io

Any help would greatly appreciated!

Regards