WKD for GitHub pages

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 22:21:09 CET 2021

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 10:07 PM André Colomb <andre at colomb.de> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> > I just started to set-up a github-page and have also verified
> > the page via Brave. I tried to set-up WKD for the page, like
> > I did in the past for my 300baud.de Domain, but fetching
> > the key with GnuPG does not work for me. :-(
>
> You could try the online WKD checker here:
> https://metacode.biz/openpgp/web-key-directory

Hi Andre, I used Wiktor's WKD checker which you link to. :-)

> It reports that the policy file is missing, which I think is a hard
> requirement, no?
>
> Also make sure that the MIME content type and
> Access-Control-Allow-Origin headers are set correctly.

I guess I have created a new use case, regarding WKD
usage for GitHub pages and how Werner implemented
WKD.

I guess the only way to fix it (for many people) would be
that, as of my understanding (now) the WKD check
and SSL cert check would be a bit more flexible, either
in allowing subdomains, like the github.io ones in form
of a fix in the code or as setting in GnuPG' config file.

I could be totally wrong of course, so let's see what
Werner says.

Regards
Stefan