WKD for GitHub pages

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 12:47:59 CET 2021

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 12:43 PM Andrew Gallagher <andrewg at andrewg.com> wrote:

> On 12/01/2021 11:27, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > The point for me is WKD exists and can be used as an cheap inhouse
> > solution, for families or organizations, if it would allow cost effective
> > wildcard subdomain support for SSL certs, which IMHO can not hurt
> > and if the direct method would be triggered first.
>
> Yes, WKD is great. But as André has explained, there is an overhead cost
> (to everyone) for trying the direct method first, so inverting this to
> work around the side effects of an experiment that's tied to one
> particular vendor's service is a *huge* ask.

Well, I am not sure about the details for a server or a user when it comes
to overhead and if you mean with one particular vendow GitHub, well
that may be the beginning, for such request. But like I mentioned if people
would wish to manage key distribution themselves, without using third
parties, like Hagrid or hokeypuck or even running such software and
servers I strongly believe that WKD could be an excellent choice, if
this would be fixed.

Regards
Stefan