WKD & Sequoia

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 21:44:07 CET 2021

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 9:24 PM Juergen Bruckner via Gnupg-users
<gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:

> Hello Stefan!
>

> [...]
> > sequoia did the right step and I hope for people relying on GnuPG that
> > it is possible for them in the future too.
>
> So did Sequoia do that?
> You consider not to follow policies "the right step"?
> Sorry, but you dont have a clue about security!
>
> The only right way is to follow policies word by word.
>
> So far you only presented us assumptions here, with a non working setup,
> and also a setup which never was intended for such a case.

Hi Juergen,

looks like you are a bit upset, like probably others as well.

That is good and I hope people understand what this whole thread
is about! Regarding security, can you give us a valid example
what security implications you see? I trust the sequoia team, for
example, strongly assuming, that they know how to implement
fetching a binary blob without any problems.

BTW. If I remember correctly you once (or I did that?) presented
a link from Austrian Goverment authorities using OpenPGP keys
on their web pages.

I am not aware how their network is set-up and it is not my business,
but would you not agree that it would be very nice to have a wildcard
subdomain solution, for all their inhouse offices and employees email
addresses, while managing themselves key distribution?

BTW. For GitHub users ... :-) ( a nice addition too, when it comes
to OpenPGP keys)

https://keyoxide.org/guides/github

Regards
Stefan