WKD proper behavior on fetch error

André Colomb andre at colomb.de
Thu Jan 14 09:08:57 CET 2021

Hi Stefan,

On 14/01/2021 08.01, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:
> The greatest benefit would have been if the author of WKD, namly Werner Koch,
> had been so kind to explain to us why WKD needs two methods and what
> security implications it has when an application falls back to a valid
> direct-method,
> instead of people defending him or his implementation. :-)

I think Werner would have participated in the discussion already if
other people's explanations had been incorrect.  It's an open standard,
and your focus on one person who happens to be the registered author
doesn't help.  If you insist on Werner's personal opinion, then you
should maybe contact him directly instead of the GnuPG-Users list.
Knowing well that he has no obligation to reply to anyone.

Hopefully my (and others') attempts to explain / defend the WKD
specification were still useful to you.

Kind regards
André

--