How can I add encrypted comments.

vedaal at nym.hush.com vedaal at nym.hush.com
Thu Jan 14 19:37:37 CET 2021

On 1/14/2021 at 4:47 AM, "Ayoub Misherghi via Gnupg-users"  wrote:
        body p { margin-bottom:0; margin-top:0; }
	I am encrypting and signing documents with myself as the
receiver. Nobody else will want to look inside them. Is it
possible to add encrypted comments or other information to a
separated signature file; and later retrieve this additional
information? I want to be able to decrypt the signature file alone
  and retrieve all the information I put inside it.
	=====

	Not exactly,

	but functionally, yes, it can be done.
	[1] Armor the signature file    (   gpg --armor filename.sig  )
this outputs to filename.sig.asc
	[2[ Armor your encrypted comments, and copy them to the end of the
filename.sig.asc,

	(leave one blank line between the pgp footer of the signature file,
and the pgp header of the encrypted file)
	[3] Save the whole thing as filename.sig.asc
	[4] gpg filename.sig,asc  will automatically verify the sig if the
original signed file 'filename' is present, and also decrypt the added
comments
	vedaal