WKD proper behavior on fetch error

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 00:08:27 CET 2021

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:07 PM Ángel <angel at pgp.16bits.net> wrote:

> You don't need a wildcard entry. You could simply request a certificate
> with the right name that will be needed.

Yes, for me as little nobody that is correct. But I guess we should not
forget the real host masters dealing with a couple (of growing) more
hosts under sub-domains and for ease of use with management of
these.

That is the reason IMHO why a giant like GitHub is using wildcard subdomains
and like I said in my bund.de example etc. this would be IMHO a valid reason
too if they figure out, hey WKD is pretty cool for an inhouse key distribution
management.

Best regards
Stefan