WKD Checker

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 17:41:43 CET 2021

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 9:51 AM Neal H. Walfield <neal at walfield.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 17:12:56 +0100,
> Stefan Claas wrote:
> > I repeat here once again GitHub has a *valid* SSL cert.
>
> You're right.  github has a valid TLS certificate.  But that valid TLS
> certificate is not valid for openpgpkey.sac001.github.io.  That's just
> the way it is, sorry.

Hi Neal, you don't have to say sorry ... because it is the way GnuPG
and gpg4win handles this required openpgpkey subdomain part in
their WKD advanced-method implementation, while I personally
like the direct-method to use only, which according to Wiktor's
WKD checker is properly set-up for my github.io page and most
important it is working with sequoia-pgp and Mailvelope etc. :-)

Best regards
Stefan

Best regards
Stefan