WKD proper behavior on fetch error

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:08:46 CET 2021

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 12:41 AM Ángel <angel at pgp.16bits.net> wrote:

> A list of all (well, most) openpgpkey subdomains can be easily created.

Yes and I believe that what Neal and you (in your new posting) have explained
makes it only worthwhile  for Mallory to start his work, because he has such an
openpgpkey list created. Anyways, even if creating and maintaining a list also
for all domains (direct-method) why give him this opportunity, if it
is so easy to
do so for openpgpkey subdomains? There is a demand for openpgpkey, so
it seems, which I have accepted, but you know my points (which I have outlined)
in the whole thread that we should be allowed to have direct-method usage too,
with GnuPG and gpg4win, without having cert errors in GnuPG and gpg4win's
WKD implementation. Whatever the outcome of this thread will be, as long
as other OpenPGP apps work and will hopefully not change, so that this no
longer works, people know now what they can do/use.

Best regards
Stefan