gpg: error retrieving 'erich at eckner.net' via WKD: Connection closed in DNS

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 20 15:02:51 CET 2021

On Wed, 20 Jan 2021 14:46, Erich Eckner said:

> is queried. This resolves to some old address (my DNS configuration
> error), which serves the wrong content. Is it right, that this SRV record
> should be queried? Should I update it or remove it?

Yes, the SRV record is used if there is no openpgpkeys sub-domain.  The
reason is that the original scheme was to use SRV records but we had to
switch to a subdomain due to problems with browser based code.

> I assume, this is for debugging *a lot* of gnupg in one place (like your

Right. It is also cool to watch the diagnostccs fly by during regular
use ;-)

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner