Thunderbird reading Werner mail structure about How to report issues and suggest changes to the Web Key Directory specification

Ángel angel at pgp.16bits.net
Sat Jan 30 02:02:11 CET 2021

On 2021-01-29 at 18:41 +0100, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is only to report that Thunderbird 78.7.0 is unable to make
> sense
> of the MIME structure of Werner's email and it only visualizes the
> mailing list footer as the body of the email.
>
> I don't know if the issue is with Thunderbird or with Werner's MUA,
> although I suspect the first.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

Hello Daniele

It's probably an issue of Thunderbird, or maybe of your MTA. I have no
issue with a different client.

The original structure of Werner mail was:

multipart/signed
  text/plain
  application/pgp-signature

After going through the mailing list, it added the mailing list footer
as another part, so it became

multipart/mixed
  multipart/signed
    text/plain
    application/pgp-signature
  text/plain

Maybe you can check if you can view an email with this structure in
thunderbird source. If so, it's probably failing the "decryption"
(signature checking, actually), and just returning an empty block
there.

Best regards