Best practices for obtaining a new GPG certificate

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Mar 19 18:42:48 CET 2021

On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 03:33, Robert J. Hansen said:

> Last I checked, Thunderbird 78 did not support ed25519+cv25519
> keys. That's not a niche implementation.

I did extensive test with Ribose to make sure that RNP (the crypto
engine now used by TB) is compatible with GnuPG.  Thus I wonder why TB
gets things wrong again.

There are also so many regressions in TB new OpenPGP support compared to
the long standing TB+Enigmail OpenPGP support that I wonder come it is
at all possible to send encrypted OpenPGP mails with TB.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner