So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Mar 25 15:56:10 CET 2021

> So to me, your statement is too general and may provoke some folks.
> (You could see that Werner and myself also refrained from general
> reasoning. :) )

I would also like to say that I have tried to make my stepping-away as
painless and as friendly as possible.  I don't want to see ill will
erupt in our community.  I like this community.  If anyone turns this
into an occasion to launch a political flamewar, I will be very sad.
Please don't do that.

My reasons for stepping away are simple.  I don't like RMS.  I think he
is unkind.  I don't want to be associated with anything where he's in a
position of authority.  It really is that simple.  It has nothing to do
with politics, "cancel culture", or anything else like that.

Kindness counts.  Let's practice some.  :)