OpenPGP card and gpg-agent TTL

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Nov 5 17:30:48 CET 2021

Werner,

I have an issue with the 'pinentry' in the L5:

/usr/bin/pinentry is as default a symlink to /etc/alternatives/pinentry
and pops up on the L5 as somekind graphical application, also when I use
the OpenPGP card in the L5 when connected via SSH to the L5, which is
not what I wanted have to key in the PIN in the L5 when im using it via
SSH (and the L5 sits in some other room).

That's why I changed the symlink to point to /usr/bin/pinentry-curses
which works fine via SSH, i.e. the PIN is asked in the terminal where I
run the SSH session.

But, it does not work locally on the L5 in its "terminal app", the
"pass" command in the terminal raises an error about no secret provided.
The "pass" command is just a shell script and uses "gpg" to decrypt the
file containing the requested password for some web access, running
so,ething like:

$GPG -d "${GPG_OPTS[@]}" "$passfile"

What could be the reason for this?

I tried /usr/bin/pinentry-curses in the "terminal app" which does work.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
August 13, 1961: Better a wall than a war. And, while the GDR was still existing,