OpenPGP card and gpg-agent TTL

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Nov 7 14:14:59 CET 2021

On Fri,  5 Nov 2021 17:30, Matthias Apitz said:

> But, it does not work locally on the L5 in its "terminal app", the
> "pass" command in the terminal raises an error about no secret provided.

You did the

 gpg-connect-agent updatestartuptty /bye

thing to tell gpg-agent where it shall pop up the pinentry?  Further
you can debug thing with adding "-v" to the gpg invocation or by letting
gpg-agent create a debug file:

log-file /foo/bar/gpg-agent.log
verbose
debug ipc
debug-pinentry

Or use

log-file tcp://1.2.3.4:40711

and run "watchgnupg --tcp 40711" on the host with IP 1.2.3.4.  Not TLS,
so take care.  But it is convenient to see what's going on.

Thanks for your other mail on thenneed to flush the firmware for the BT
device.  I have not yet found the time to do that, though.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner