Key Management - BSI had send private key instead of public key

Rainer Fiebig jrf at mailbox.org
Thu Nov 18 10:48:55 CET 2021

Am 17.11.21 um 23:49 schrieb Stuart Longland via Gnupg-users:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 23:17:58 +0000
> Стефан Васильев via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:
>
>> [1]
>> https://www.golem.de/news/verschluesselung-bsi-verschickt-privaten-pgp-schluessel-2111-161073.html
>
> Is there an English translation of this article somewhere?  I never
> learned German beyond what made its way into the English language or
> what I might've picked up from episodes of 'Allo 'Allo or Hogan's
> Heroes…
That's kind of a misconception: as English is a western germanic
language it's not that German made its way into English but English is
*based* on German.

You would be amazed how many words are similar or even pronounced
identically - like Haus/house, Maus/mouse, Finger/finger etc. pp. The
similarities between English and the dialect spoken in coastal regions
of northern Germany ("Plattdeutsch") are even more striking.

So you already do speak German - to some extent. In case you don't
believe me or wonder where "Anglo-Saxon" comes from, start here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angles.

A bit OT, I know. But I couldn't resist. Hope you're not offended. ;)

Kind regards!

Rainer