Translations Popups and Cookiekalypse

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 19 17:42:49 CET 2021

Am Donnerstag 18 November 2021 22:26:39 schrieb Stuart Longland via
Gnupg-users:
> I might've gotten past their cookie pop-up (I hate those:
> EU's privacy laws are not my problem)

But your privacy may be your concern.

The requirements of the laws have not changed that much with the introduction
of the GDPR, they are just more unified over all Europe and more enforced.

Because service providers can only process the minimum personal data for
providing the service to you, they need to ask you before they can use
your data for marketing purposes. So agreeing explicietly to a technical
session cookie only is not strictely speaking necessary, it is the web site
provider that want you to agree to more, so they can use your personal data
to sell your attention to advertisment services.

Best,
Bernhard