Only GnuPG 2.2.x in Debian Bookworm?

Karel van Gruiten karel-v_g at tutanota.com
Sat Dec 10 22:21:51 CET 2022

Hello!
Debians next release Bookworm is scheduled for mid 2023 an the first deadlines are approaching in January.
I am only a user, but I wonder why they stick to the 2.2-series and do not jump to the 2.3-builds as they have many new algorithms and should be quiet stable after all the Point-releases. But even sid is still at 2.2 so there is no sign of an update.
If Debian Bookworm releases with 2.2.x users will not be able to use the new AE- and EC-algorithms unless 2.3.x will appear in backports.
Any ideas?
Karel