Only GnuPG 2.2.x in Debian Bookworm?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Dec 15 09:17:46 CET 2022

Werner,

Am Dienstag 13 Dezember 2022 16:36:24 schrieb Werner Koch via Gnupg-users:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2022 22:21, Karel van Gruiten said:
> > I am only a user, but I wonder why they stick to the 2.2-series and do
>
> Probably because there is an interest conflict between the GnuPG
> maintainers in Debian and those who want to turn OpenPGP into something
> very different (i.e. new IETF OpenPGP WG participants / Sequoia venture
> capitalists).
> SCNR

can you be more specific?
Speculations and rumors do not help much, even if they are meant to be funny
(where they?)

Which IETF OpenPGP working group members are you referring to?
What of their actions will be a problem for OpenPG from our point of view?
Who are the "Sequoia venture capitalists" and what are their interests?

Regards
Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter