Only GnuPG 2.2.x in Debian Bookworm?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Dec 16 18:45:58 CET 2022

On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 09:17, Bernhard Reiter said:

> Which IETF OpenPGP working group members are you referring to?

That should be obvious with just a little research.

> What of their actions will be a problem for OpenPG from our point of view?

Instead of finalizing the draft started in 2015, they took the last year
to replace large parts of the specs while ignoring all deployed code by
the two major implementations (namely GnuPG and RNP which are based on
the WG group mailing list agreed drafts from 2017/2018).

The problem is called "Design by committee" and the inevitable
split/profiling of standards.

GnuPG won't follow the likely outcome of the IETF OpenPGP WG because we
value our users and feel a responsibility to keep a deployed and
sensible moving ecosystem alive and working.

> Who are the "Sequoia venture capitalists" and what are their interests?

A pun on the name of one implemetation and the(ir) VC sphere.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein