Current state and contact (various questions)

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Feb 2 09:59:01 CET 2022

On Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2022 08:30:56 CET B1773rm4n via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is my first post here. I'm an experienced Dev and FOSS contributor
> which worked quite some with gpg recently.
>
> I got some questions:
>
> 1. Who takes care for tasks like updating the website?
> For example https://gnupg.org/documentation/manpage.html would be easy
> to update. Someone could easily do it. Who is responsible? How can I do
> it myself?

The source code of the website is at
https://dev.gnupg.org/source/gnupg-doc/browse/master/web/

You can submit patches via dev.gnupg.org or per email to the gnupg-devel
mailing list.

> 2. Difference of public key between gpg and Thunderbird. What do I have
> to do to yield the same public key file?
> I create a key pair in gpg and then import it to thunderbird. When using
> the "attach pub key to mail" option another pub key is used than I have
> saved in my gpg exported file

Don't bit-wise compare the result of key exports of different applications.
There is more than one representation of the same public key. As long as all
exports carry the same information, there is nothing to worry about.

Differences between armored public key blocks created via different ways was
recently discussed on this mailing list. Check the archive.

> 3. I'm already asking the Ubuntu community but want to ask here too: gpg
> on Ubuntu jammy is 12 months old running 2.2.27. How is the current
> process / communication handled? Is there anything I can do to
> support/speed up this process?

That's entirely up to Ubuntu. Talk to the maintainer of the gpg package for
Ubuntu.