Current state and contact (various questions)

Annie Yousar a.yousar at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 2 10:07:45 CET 2022

Hi B1773rm4n,

you said that export of gpg --armor --export $KEY yields a different
public key than Thunderbird is creating. In fact, this is not true. It
is the same key, only their formats are different (new and old format).
You wouldn't say as well that the ASCII armor and the binary keys are
different.

If you use the command gpg -v --list-packets (verbose listing) for the
"different" keys you should see, that they contain the same same key
material ;-)

Kind regards,
/Ann.