TB weirdness

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Feb 17 17:35:53 CET 2022

Yes, I know, Thunderbird doesn't use GnuPG.  However, for those who do:
apparently, Thunderbird is a big fan of attaching public certificates
(and/or revocation certificates, for revoked keys) to outgoing emails
for *every private certificate on your keyring*, regardless of whether
that private key is actually associated with the account in question.

This has the potential to leak personal information, especially if
you're in a use case where you have two or more keys presenting
different pseudonymous identities.  Without knowing it, you might
accidentally reveal you're the common actor behind both.

I apologize for bringing the non-GnuPG content to the list, but please
make sure your correspondents are aware of the possible risk in how
Thunderbird likes to attach public certificates.  That's all.  Thank you!